|Swimming Competition Format
- Lane assignments: Harvard 3-6, Yale 2-5, Princeton 4-7.
- For each individual swimming event, the final two heats will be
deck-entered at the beginning of the event, in assigned double-dual
- For each individual swimming event, prior heats will be swum using
pre-entered competitors entered on the meet entry form (to be provided).
Competitors will be seeded across 8 lanes by time in standard
(non-circle seeded) fashion, with the fastest heat swimming last (just
prior to the two deck-entered heats).
- For the 1000 freestyle, the fastest heat will be swum during the regular
session. This will be the second of the two deck-entered heats. The
other heats, consisting of the pre-seeded, and the first of the two
deck-entered heats, will swim starting at approximately 5:30pm on Friday.
(This time may be adjusted based on entries.) Note that since the 1000
freestyle is a single event, entries for both deck-entered heats must be
submitted at the beginning of the event.
- Swimmers in the 1000 free may continue for a 1650 free time (which will
be listed as an exhibition event in the results). It is requested that
swimmers and coaches notify meet staff as early as possible about this,
such that timeline adjustments can be made. However, in all cases,
swimmers must notify the meet staff no later than the beginning of
- For the relay events, competition will consist of two deck-entered
heats in assigned double-dual lanes. (Four relays per team.)
- Swimmers who do not appear in their assigned lanes for the pre-seeded
heats will be automatically scratched from that heat. (Thus, they may
be entered into one of the two deck-seeded heats.) Pre-seeded heats
will not be re-seeded in the event of empty lanes.
- Swimmers who do not appear in their assigned lanes for the deck-entered
heats will be disqualified, and the event will count towards the
competitor's event limit for the meet.
- In all events, all competitors and/or relays are eligible to score.
Scoring will be standard NCAA dual meet scoring (9-4-3-2-1, 11-4-2),
with no team scoring more than three individuals or two relays per
event. The meet will be scored in standard double-dual mode (three
team scores: H-Y, H-P, Y-P).
- Competitors may compete in a maximum of 4 events, no more than 3 of
which may be individual events. Competitors may compete in any number
of events as exhibition, which will not count towards this limit.
Exhibition swimmers must be declared to the meet referee before the
beginning of the event, at the same time that entries are submitted
for the deck-seeded heats. (* Different from men's rules *)
- It is expected that coaches will enter their swimmers in the appropriate
heat based on expected performance. It is expected that the second
of the two deck-entered heats be the fastest heat of competition.
- All athletes will be assigned a numerical ID number, which will be
distributed to coaches at the beginning of the meet, and posted on deck.
All deck entries must include correct athlete ID numbers. Entries
without ID numbers will be returned to the coach to be completed before
the event begins.