|Swimming Competition Format
- Lane assignments: Harvard 3-6, Yale 2-5, Princeton 4-7.
- All entries will be pre-entered, in two sets, with coaches allowed to
make _minimal_ changes at the meet.
- The fastest two heats (swum last) will be swum in assigned
double-dual lanes, across 6 lanes. These entries do not require
a time, but should be listed on the entry grid in heat/lane
format, for example "H1/L5". Use "H1" for first (second-fastest)
heat, and "H2" for the second (fastest) heat.
- All other entries will be seeded according to seed time across
all 8 lanes. List these entries on the entry grid using a seed
- All divers must be listed on the entry grid with an "X" in the
appropriate diving event column(s). Diving order will be
determined at the meet.
- For the 1000 freestyle, the fastest heat will be swum during the regular
session. This will be the second of the two "assigned-lane" heats. The
other heats, consisting of the time-seeded, and the first of the two
"assigned-lane" heats, will swim starting at approximately 5:30pm on
Saturday. (This time may be adjusted based on entries.) Note that
since the 1000 freestyle is a single event, all changes/adjustments and
exhibition declarations must be submitted at the beginning of the event.
- For the relay events, competition will consist of two assigned-lane
heats. Any additional relays (above four from a team) will be
entered either in lanes 1 and 8 of the two assigned-lane heats, or in
an additional third heat. Coaches should specify how many relays
they will field in each relay event on the entry grid.
- Coaches can make minimal changes to their entries at the beginning of
each event. Please keep changes to an absolute minimum if possible.
Time-seeded heats will _not_ be re-seeded. Please remember that each
change or modification contributes to slowing the pace of the meet.
- Swimmers who do not appear in their assigned lanes for the time-seeded
heats will be automatically scratched, and the event will _not_ count
towards the competitor's event limit for the meet.
- Swimmers who do not appear in their assigned lanes for the assigned-lane
heats will be disqualified, and the event will count towards the
competitor's event limit for the meet.
- In all events, all competitors and/or relays are eligible to score.
Scoring will be standard dual meet scoring 9-4-3-2-1, 11-4-2),
with no team scoring more than three individuals or two relays per event.
The meet will be scored as three dual meets (H-Y, H-P, Y-P).
- Competitors may compete in a maximum of 5 events, in any combination.
Competitors may compete in any number of events as exhibition, which will
not count towards this limit. Exhibition swimmers must be declared to
the meet referee before the beginning of the event, at the same time that
changes/modifications are submitted.
- It is expected that coaches will enter their swimmers in the appropriate
heat based on expected performance. It is expected that the second
of the two assigned-lane heats be the fastest heat of competition.
- All athletes will be assigned a numerical ID number, which will be
distributed to coaches at the beginning of the meet, and posted on deck.
All deck changes must include correct athlete ID numbers. Changes
without ID numbers will be returned to the coach to be completed before
the event begins.